SC - fetal???

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 05:56:54 PDT 1998

> I must agree with the above statement of Anne Marie's. Allergy does occur after a
> repeat exposure (an initial exposure is needed for the body to produce antibodies).
> Erythromycin being a common antibiotic..... you could have received it as a child (it
> is in combination with a another drug).  Also, you may have come in contact with a
> compound of similar structure, developed antibodies that recognized erythromycin as
> the offending agent. Happens a lot.
>
> Off soap box
>
> meadhbh
> (who let the pharmacist in her out again)

Okay, so let me ask you to solve it.  Up to that point in my life, I had had amoxicillin,
penicillin, ampicillin, tetracyclene, and augmentin (period...no questions on that...a
chronic ENT knows her medical history by heart).  Unless e-mycin is included in one of
those (in which case I will back off here) I stand by my claim that the first dose did me
in.  In addition, my brother (also an athsmatic and chronic ENT) had the same type of
reaction to wasp venom (the first time he was stung...granted it was 6 stings at a time
which may affect the mix), but he had never had a sting before (he was 10) and every
sting after has affected him similarly.

Brenna