SC - Fetal Rabbbit Experiment

geneviamoas@juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Thu Jul 23 22:02:10 PDT 1998

> This drug should be used only if clearly needed during pregnancy. Small
> amounts of drug appear in breast milk. Consult your doctor before
> breastfeeding.<Told you this stuff shows up in milk. It may well depend on
> your age as to whether you were exposed to the drug unknowingly- it's only
> fairly recently that this problem with this drug has been PROVEN, and even if
> you're fairly young, the farmers who produce milk under a B license, ie for
> CHEESE, do not, and ARE not required to follow the same rules as milk
> producers.>

I don't agree with you about the Cheese farmes not having to follow the same rules as milk producers.  I am a Veterinary Technician and I know that we have to put labels on ALL medication that is sold/dispensed to farmers, no matter what type of farmer they are.  All of these labels state the milk with holding and meat with holding of the drugs.  Now as to whether or not ALL of the farmer follows those instructions, I do not know.  I just know that the reputable farmers will follow those instructions, no matter whether they are cheese farmers, dairy farmers or beef farmers.  Yes beef and dairy farmers probably have stricter regulations and fines for failing to follow the drug labels.

Dierdre