SC - My last word on Feast-o-crats

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 14:47:18 PDT 1998

I switched to the post by post version of the list when the digests started
getting cut off a few weeks ago.

In a fit of housekeeping last week I deleted all the digests.  They were
really eating up space and anything really useful eventually winds up in
Stefan's files. I started a little while ago to collect the fig recipes I
asked for into one file for my own use and to share with Stefan so he could
archive the fig recipes and realize I shoulda been more careful about throwing
the fig recipes out with the digests.  The last few had responses to my
question about fig recipes.

 Bear: perhaps there is a way to re-collect these from the server? MY original
post was 6/15 and I changed my reception method before the week was out, if
that is any use to know.

 Stefan: I was going to edit these posts into a single file, and pass it on to
you ready to archive.  If you have the messages stored somewhere and could
forward them, I could still do that for you.

If neither of these solutions, work out, below are what that I have.  If
anyone else posted a recipe or suggestion and it is not too inconvenient to
send it to me again, I'd appreciate it.  Probably nice not to post to the list again.

> SC - Roasted Figs with Thyme and Honey
> From:       korrin.daardain at juno.com (Korrin S DaArdain)

<Robyn's advice in another message to include them with a
<selection of other period fruits as a pot luck possibility.

>           SC - A belated Fig recipe
>     From: The Cheshire Cat <sianan at geocities.com>
> Fig and Frangipane Tarts

> Drake Morgan instructs that I should:
> > 1)  Stuff them with Brown Sugar and Cointreau and slowly roast them in
> > an oven, baste with a herb glaze.
> >
> > 2)  Make Fig Wine / Port / Brandy with them.  High sugar levels, with
> > a nice taste makes for a supurb brew.  Watch out for the fig sap (high
> > in latexs) that might taint the brew.

Genevia, I have in my "sent" folder a thanks to you for a fig preserve recipe,
but the recipe is no longer here.

Many, many thanks.

Bonne