SC - Spice cabinet-what do we stock?

rudin@okway.okstate.edu rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 27 11:33:02 PDT 1998

<< ..."cooked in water like bacon"? When I think of bacon, I think of frying
it,
 not boiling it. Is it common to do other than fry it today? >>

In Hungarian cooking it is common to do both in the same recipe, frying the
bacon, then browning the meet and onions in the resultamt fat, then adding the
remaining spices and a liquid.

Hungarian bacon also had a different look than what we get here. . .very think
with very wide bands of fat.

Noemi