SC - Organ Meats

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 18:49:29 PDT 1998

Greetings all,

I think spoon teasing should be taken in context, for example:

when Adamantius said:
> If I mention a Hungarian chocolate chestnut torte,

and my first thought was, oh yum, where's the recipe, I want a go at
making that !!!  (even if it is OOP).  However he is right in that we
wont lose sleep over not having the recipe.

However, if he mentioned that for example chocolate is considered period
for Hungarians as is evidenced by the Hungarian Chocolate chestnut
torte,

then yes, I would be really interested in the recipe AND the source.
and this is something that I might indeed lose sleep over .....

I guess what I am saying is that if someone is using a recipe to prove a
point or further research in our area, then yes I would like the recipe
to be posted.  Especially if it is from an obscure text that some of us
may not have ......

But a blanket rule of requiring all recipes mentioned to be posted may
cause people not to write posts.  My assumption is that they may not
post the interesting bit because the recipe may not be currently
available (i.e. book at home etc.).

Conversely, if you think someone might be interested and you have the
recipe then by all means post it - don't bother to ask first !!

Does this make sense to anyone ?

I apologize that this post went so long ...

Meliora
Polit, Lochac, the West