SC - courts running long

kat kat at kagan.com
Thu Jul 30 13:13:39 PDT 1998

Someone (my apologies!  I'm a few digests behind) wrote:

> Depends on the autocrat (what's the new term for that again?).  The > running
> joke with some of the autocrats around here is that the feastocrat > says "I'm
> serving at 6...with or without their majesties."  It's up to the autocrat > to
> smooth the way of course, but if the feast is good enough, they
> jokingly say
> that there is a surprisingly short court.

So why not make a trial run at doing it the way we do it in the West, and hold court between courses?  First course serves at five, second course at 6 or 6:30, third course at 7 or at 8, respectively, and in between plenty of room for court and entertainment.  Works like a charm...  <G>

Just my US$.02...

	- kat