SC - OT: Fw: Velvet...a passion!

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Sat Jul 4 18:32:43 PDT 1998

>Bringing cloth into the kitchen is a bad idea, it might be stained with grease
>or otherwise damaged!  Nor should you go into the room sewing is being done
>when your own hands and garments are covered in flour and other kitchen
>adornments, for fear of ruining someone's work.

Surely if it was a big room, and if you didn't touch, (Not that I touch
anyone elses sewing without their permission anyway) going into a room
where sewing was being done it'd be Okay.  Besides most of the poeple I
know usually wear aprons and wash their hands when I intend on leaving the
kitchen anyway.  And if someone decides to wear beautiful materials in long
sweeping trains into the kitchen and it gets ruined by grease stains or
something, I consider it their own faults.  I'm certainly not going to
pussyfoot everywhere, just because I'm a cook and the Baroness wants to
talk to me and she's wearing such a beautiful dress.  I even turn up to
court in an apron and flourly hands sometimes (good for effect when the
cook has to give a few words).  Besides, if someone has figured out a way
to make gard out of something that wasn't material, vould they please tell
me.  Cloth has to enter the kitchen at one time or another.  Discrimination
against teatowels, I wonder what the unions would say? =>

>The vast number of general, kingdom, regional and specialized lists in the SCA
>really ought to allow the specialized lists to stay on topic.  If a someone
>wishes cooking advice, this is the place.  Similarly, should one of the cooks
>need cloth information, we can ask the populace on a general list or sign up
>for a sewing list.

Some cooks, surprise though it may be to some, enjoy costuming as well.  If
we kept everything 'on topic' it would be quite a boring list.  Besides, if
someone asks for information, any information whether it be cooking or
other, and I can supply some, I certainly won't hesitate to reply and I
like to think that the others would do the same instead of refusing to help
on the grounds that this is a 'cooking' list.  Not everything is made of
pastry and bread dough you know.

- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler