SC - medieval salt facts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 6 22:29:43 PDT 1998

Bear asked:
>If you come across any other salient saline facts on the European salt
>trade, send them along.

You might be interested in checking out these two files in the COMMERCE
section of my Florilegium:

salt-msg          (25K) 10/24/97    Medieval salt production and use.
salt-comm-art     (18K)  1/ 9/97    "Salt of the Earth" by Lord Xaviar.

I also ran across an interesting website about Salzburg (sp?) on the
web created by the town. They have a version in English. I think the
URL might be in the salt-msg file but I don’t remember right now.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net