SC - More Sourdough Woes

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Jul 7 22:38:34 PDT 1998

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> > It wasn't Sourdough! It wasn't sour and it wasn't chewy!

> There is never any guarantee with sourdough.
> Make your dough as directed, except do not add yeast if directed.  Use two
> rises.  Let the dough rise the first time until it slumps.  Turn the dough

Other suggestions:

How long did you let the dough rise the first time? I generally let it
doa first rise ON (overnight, lab shorthand), and then a second one in
the morning. I've actually gotten a "sour" loaf this way with plain
yeast, allowed to do a first rise ON or even for a full 24 hours.

/UlfR
(spelled UlfR, pronounced with a fricative R)

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                           parlei(at)algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
"Stop! Think! There must be a harder way to do this"