SC - alcohol content in beer

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Wed Jul 8 17:01:49 PDT 1998

Christi Redeker wrote:

> Ras wrote:
>
> ><sigh> OTH, one could hope that modern theories of nutrition and health are
> >not taken into too much consideration when interpreting period health
> >practices and theories.
>
> I was thinking the same thing.  As I cut all the caffeine, alcohol, and
> other things everyone says is bad for a pregnant woman,  from my diet, I
> found myself wondering how people had healthey babies before all these silly
> food restrictions came about.

Actually, they didn't have near as many healthy babies as we did.  What was that
infant mortality rate again?  I bet it went up as the quality of the food did,
though, just like today.

> Actually, I have cut everything pretty much from my diet, I am lucky to keep
> down soda crackers and tea.  Can't even take vitamins at this point.  And I
> still have another 7 months, eeep!

Cheer up!  For most of us, it does get better.  I was convinced at 3 months that
I would never eat again!  But a month later, I was fine, and out popped a
healthy baby each time.

Brenna