SC - Tea Blocks

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 18:48:27 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/12/98 7:19:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< Why is sake called a rice wine and not a rice beer? >>

I have no idea. I suspect that it has to do with alcohol content which is more
in line with winws as opposed to beers. It is technically a beer which is what
i remind my customers at the store when they purchase their "rice Wine". Rice
is a grain. Beers are produced from grain. Wines are produced from fruit.

<<Or do I have this wrong in the first place?>>

No. You are correct that people generally refer to sake as "rice wine". I
would be surprised to find that description used outside Anglo-centric
cultures such as the USA.

 << Can you ferment tea into an alcoholic beverage? >>

Actually yes and no. :-) Tiffin's Tea Liquor is a wonderful thing! :-)

A'aql (pronounced Ras)