SC - Re: Sweet jerky recipe

John Henschen bacchus at revealed.net
Wed Jul 15 12:36:50 PDT 1998

Now, I don't know much about making jerky... but... I thought all the salt
in jerky was to kill the wee-beasties in the meats, which was what preserved
the. Now... adding sugar, and it seems _only_ sugar to this recipe would
encourage bad things to happen. Wouldn't it? Drying it would help, I
suppose, but having been sick too many times from eating bad food, I don't
think you could pay me to eat it. Sure, it sounds tasty, but is it safe?