SC - Re: OOP- interesting question

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Tue Jul 21 11:29:11 PDT 1998

> > Another ingredient that people have problems with is the high butterfat in
> > Cow's milk.
>
> Possibly, possibly. I don't believe, though, that there are other dairy
> animals whose milk is less than the approximately 4% level found in
> cow's milk.

Yes, but it is true that people can be allergic to cow's milk without being
allergic to human milk (or other milks).  There are different proteins and fats in
different types of milk.  There are also differing amounts of certain vitamins,
minerals, common proteins and fats, and even salt.  Every milk is different, so
like a baby that can drink mother's milk and is allergic to cow's milk, a person
who is used to goat milk could be allergic to cow's milk when finally exposed or
vice versa (one could extrapolate).

Brenna