SC - Re: Fw: Important Announcement - Posthumous Royal Peerages (fwd)

Terry L. Neill longshipco at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:18:51 PDT 1998

>>  Therefore, the Board of Directors wishes comments from the
membership on the following proposed change to Corpora:

>>  "VI.A.1.c.(2).a.:  Should extreme and extraordinary circumstances,
>>such as death, prevent a Crown or Coronet from completing the
>>requirements of Corpora VI.A.1.c.(2), the Board of Directors may,
>>upon petition, and on a case by case basis, waive the requirements
>>in Corpora VI.A.1.c.(2) to allow the bestowing of a royal peerage or
>>royal title."

I think the Board's e-mail address is "Board at sca.org"

Personally I agree with the idea, but would like to see a waiting period
- - say a year - before petitions may begin circulating.  This would show,
IMO, that the petition was truely MEANT and not just an emotional
reaction.

Not that I think the petition for HRH Jafar is not meant, far from it!
But I certainly could see circumstances where it might not be as
sincere.

Regards!

Lady Anarra Karlsdottir
Companion of the Order of the Pearl
Companion of the Order of the Golden Dolphin
Award of Arms
Companion of the Order of the Baronial Brownie
Companion of the Order of the Pharos

(From An Tir, where we petitioned the Board to create Viscountess
Janeltis Karine Starfollower The Dowager Princess of An Tir.  And were
granted our petition.)