SC - help with source

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Jul 23 16:04:04 PDT 1998

Help!  does anyone have a copy of:

_Neapolitan Collection_: an untitled, unpublished Italian recipe
collection of the fifteenth century now held by the Pierpont Morgan
Library of New York, MS Bu(umlaut)hler 36.

in English?  Scully gives a reference I want.  In _The Art of
Cookery..._, p. 45, speaking of the uses of fruits, he says that because
of their moisture content, rated at 2 or 3,   "it was normal to use them
as food only if they had been roast or baked, or combined with
ingredients whose dry nature could overcome some of the excess humidity."
 He gives a recipe from " the Neapolitan collection, where an interesting
recipe for fried beans (Fava in padella) calls for figs and apples to be
mixed with the very dry herbs chervil, sage, mint and parsley before
being wrapped into a bean fritter."

I would like to know how the collection makes the beans into a fritter.
Also, who has used sage and mint together, and what do you think of it?
I've never combined those 2, thinking each a strong and distinctive
flavor; don't they 'fight' each other?

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com