SC - Clarification-long

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Fri Jul 24 09:54:20 PDT 1998

>  Or, it might be inherited.  Allergies can skip generations,
> too, it's not just your father and mother you get them from.

Thank you!  Again, someone makes the point I was trying to.  My brother and
several cousins and uncles (etc., etc.) are all allergic to penicillin
products.  This means that my brother having a reaction at his first exposure is
not unheard of in the least.  In addition, some allergists now theorize that
initial exposure (if any existed) could have taken place en utero.  In addition,
many people suffer from a problem that the wonderful pediatrician who has
blessed my life for 2 years told me about when my 3 month old was teething (and
her partner told me she couldn't be).  "MAny medical professionals are so busy
saying that something RARELY happens that they change it to NEVER and never
think twice about it."  So the fact that my brother had a rash on his soles of
his feet and palms of his hands (and only there) from amoxicillin or that my
daughter cut her first tooth early, or even that I would have a reaction at a
"first exposure,"  is RARE, but not impossible.

Brenna