SC - Re:Kitchen Steward

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Tue Jul 28 15:59:32 PDT 1998

Then Avelina wrote:
>um, nope.  If we *have* to use something other than "cook", kitchen steward
>is _far_ preferable to feast-o-crat.

Every time I cook, I always call myself Head Cook, Or Kitchen Steward, but
the Devil himself will open a ski resort in Hell when anyone esle in the
Barony will recognise any of these terms other than feastocrat.  I was
actually asked where a Head Cook came in the scheme of things in the
kitchen.  'Second only to the Feastocrat, I suppose?'  was the question.
She seemed quite shocked that Head Cook meant the same as Feastocrat.  Mind
you, she was a newcomer.  We have to get to the Newcomers before they learn
such terms.  With the Old Farts it's harder to get rid of since it has
stuck in their minds and we have been Feastocrats for so long.  The other
option is to throw the term around as much as possible and some of it is
bound to stick somewhere.  Personally I'll jsut be happy if they stop
calling me the Feastocrat in Court.  I think I'll stop answering to that
label since 'There is no Feastocrat at this event'.
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler