SC - Re:Kitchener

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 30 12:17:09 PDT 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/30/98 12:59:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> melc2newton at juno.com writes:
>
> << In which case
>  he might find the word Kitchener offensive as this was a British General
>  of the time who was reputed to be Homosexual. >>
>
> This begs the question of why the Chronicler would find him offensive because
> he was homosexual. Give  us a break. It's amazing where statements like this
> crop up. It is also extremely offensive.

You know, I was going to ask about that myself, and said to myself, this has to
be a joke of some kind...I guess it has to do with Lord Kitchener wanting young
men. Actually kinda funny, I think, but unfortunately one of those jokes which
our society currently frowns on.

Oh well, it happens sometimes.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy