SC -Published recipe posting (was Vegetarian...)

Valoise Armstrong vjarmstrong at aristotle.net
Fri Jul 3 08:04:21 PDT 1998

Allison asked:
><snip>
>>Sincgiefu, you are a published author, selling your books.  How do you
>>react if I post one or two of your redactions to someone looking for
>>specific recipes?

Cindy/Sincgiefu relied:

>Personally, I don't mind one or 2 recipes, when the proper citation is
>given. And most people have been polite enough to ask first anyway.

I have to agree. Part of the reason I published the translation of Sabina
Welser was to spread the availability of German recipes to people who can't
read German or don't have access to a university with interlibrary loan. If
someone wanted to post a few recipes at a time, great. That's what I'm
trying to promote - an interest in German cooking.

It is always a good idea, whenever you quote any printed material, to cite
the source. It can give validation to your ideas, give credit to the person
who wrote the material, and point anyone who is interested in the direction
to find more information.

Valoise