SC - Re: Food Guide (Silly)

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 3 13:59:40 PDT 1998

I have rarely laughed at computer messages but my plants were shocked
to hear me produce several guffaws.  When I was single, in my twenties,
a dozen eggs would last me for 10 months or more.  By that time the
ones that were left had petrified in the shell.  During my
mother-phase, we would grow interesting varieties of molds in the
refrigerator when a variety of foods was neglected too long.  And, I
just threw out a bunch of soft-as-cotton potatoes.  Some of us are not
"cooks"; we are "keepers".  If it was good enough to buy, it's good
enough to save, I say!  :-)

Alys Katharine, some of whose spices are nearly as old as she is