SC - creations and creativity

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Sun Jul 5 07:37:24 PDT 1998

david friedman wrote:

> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >It often seems that flash takes precedance over
> >periodness... We seem
> >to strive for the best even if it requires non-period ingredients or
> >proportions rather than the most authentic.

A very special request from those of us who are highly allergic.  Please, always
use individual spices in cooking.  I found out the hard way when I attended an
event where a dear friend used a premixed spice packet which included no
individual "spices" I was allergic to, but I was allergic to one of the many
chemical agents it contained (we may never know which one, but the results were
scary to say the least).  My answer to it was to never use such mixes myself
again, but I have to trust that the feasocrats are doing the same.  It really is
more period not to use modern mixes in cooking, but there is a more pressing
reason from my point of veiw.  I cautioned my dear friend that I blamed myself
for the problem in not realizing the inherent danger to myself, but no
feastocrat would like to hear that someone was injured by her cooking no matter
how innocent the situation had been.

Brenna of Lyonsbane