SC - FW: Varieties of Fowl

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 14:20:02 PDT 1998

HICKS_M at casa.gov.au writes:

<< uch as Roses to the point that I have 3
 > rose varieties in my Garden and those are in only 5 ones I can
 > document. >>

The Rosarium has dozens of "period roses for sale . As soon as I can find the
address I will post it.

<<Heres the question, for Geese, ducks, chooks, and other
 > assorted fowl: What modern varieties existed unchanged before 1600 or
 > closely resemble varieties that existed before 1600.
 >

 > Drake. >>

Sometime ago I posted information on fowls to this list. Unfortunately , I
didn't save it. There is a web site devoted to the growing of fowl. Perhaps a
search using the word "chicken" would reveal it. Or perhaps someone has saved
the previous post. In a nut shell, there are a few breeds that can be traced
back to "period".

Ras