SC - CHAI was Re: Food Guide (Silly)

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:21:27 PDT 1998

Shari Burnham wrote:
>  I highly recommend Chai tea, Botanicals makes a really good one with orange and chai.

Make your own!

For Christmas, my "secret santa" gave me a tin of ridiculously priced
"Cardamon Cinnamon" tea made by "The Republic of Tea".  I filled a teaball
with it in winter to make spiced apple cider.  This summer I am using it to
make  spiced "chai".  Sometimes I grind them (when my husband hasn't left the
coffee grinder filled with coffee dust, we need another for spices) other
times I leave them whole.

When I run out, I'll bulk-buy the ingredients listed on the tin: Cardamon,
cinnamon, cloves, ginger, pink peppercorns, star anise.  I think I'd stick a
vanilla bean in there as well.

Bonne