SC - Tea Blocks

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 12 17:27:59 PDT 1998

> I probably would have
> bought the thing except for the fact that they were asking $5000 for
> it.  That would be one hell of an expensive cup of Tea!
>
> Drake.

*I seem to recall Francesco Sirene, Spicer (who sells mail-order spices,
*etc.[long pepper by the half-kilo!!!] having some of these for sake for
*a somewhat more reasonable price. Probably not 200 years old, though.

*Adamantius

Sake? I thought sake was brewed from rice, a rice wine?  :-)

In the later portion of the Middle Ages, Europeans grew rice. Was it
turned into an alcoholic beverage? Would this be a beer? Why is sake
called a rice wine and not a rice beer? Or do I have this wrong in the
first place?

Can you ferment tea into an alcoholic beverage?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
(Strange? No fermenting mare’s milk is strange. Or resourceful depending
on where you happen to be.)