SC - low calcium diet help

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Tue Jul 14 09:06:08 PDT 1998

Just to clarify a few things: yes I am seeing a doctor.  The doctor did
run various tests... I'm still waiting on the results (I was warned they
might take 4-6 weeks).  I have also been instructed to increase my liquid
intake, as well as to avoid certain other foods that are high in oxalates.

I know there are various types of kidney stones, but from the preliminary
examination, the urologist believed it to be a calcium based stone, which
is the most common for my area of the country.

As to cutting my calcium intake, it was doctor recommended.  It sounded
severe to me but then I know how I take to diets.  If I cut back to 50%
USDA now,  in about 2 months I'll be up to 100% USDA as I start to get fed
up with checking calcium contents and starving myself.  But that is better
than what I used to eat.. (roughly 400% of the USDA if not higher... which
was probably one of the factors that caused it... along with heredity).

So thanks for the responses and the caring... I have to look into the
natural food stores.  I have to see if there is one in my area.  Which may
be a problem... It's already a 15 minute drive to get to a decent (not
great just decent) super market.

Kael