SC - Spicing of Meats

Kallyr at aol.com Kallyr at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 17:40:05 PDT 1998

In a message dated 98-07-16 08:05:48 EDT, Micaylah wrote:

<< There were obviously times when meat in the middle ages wasn't palatable by
 our standards. Heck I wouldn't even buy meat in the supermarket in Mexico
 when I lived there just because of this issue. I saw how they handled it,
 stored it, prepared it etc >>

My Lady,
I have to suspect that if you saw how meat is handled nowadays before it lays
swathed in poly & styrofoam that you wouldn't eat it either.  Most people are
ignorant of the meat processing industry.  The key thing is-- most of us
prefer to remain ignorant and pretend meat appears in the supermarket meat
cooler.

Who knows how many days their supermarket meat has been slaughtered before it
shows up in the meat case?  Not I.  How can we responsibly assume that our
society (which trucks beef across the continent) actually puts fresher meat on
our tables?  Frankly, I'm with Ras (A'aql, gesundheit!).  They probably had
fresher meat than we do.

~~Minna Gantz <KALLYR at AOL.COM>