SC - Kvass and hangovers

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:27:26 PDT 1998

Micaylah wrote:

> niccolo saod...
> <snip>
>  Mint is a stomach calming agent as well.
>
> Mint does exactly the opposite for me! Something that my Mother has never
> fully been able to grasp as she constantly offered this to me when I
> complained of an upset tummy.
>
> Does anyone know why mint would have the effect that it does on me?

Because you did drink it when you had a sick tummy, your mind associates it
with a sick tummy and reacts? I can't stand anything cherry flavored except
actual cherries. I took lots of cherry flavored antibiotic liquid and cherry
flavored sucrets as a kid, so to me, cherry is the taste of medecine.  My
brother sent me some cherry infused port for Xmas, and I can't abide it and
keep forgetting to take it to and event and share with others.

I don't know why the many, many tablets of orange flavored baby aspirin didn't
give me an aversion to orange flavoring.  Perhaps because we lived in Florida
and I was also eating plenty of real oranges.

Bonne