SC - sign-on package?

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 17 12:40:00 PDT 1998

> While I may have brought up the subject, I am of the opinion that I do not
> want to discourage the new subscribers either....or longer timers with a
> thread to fray.  My thinking was more along the lines of a quick
> reference for those who just came on and want to get their feet wet
> before diving into the deep end; a way of feeling more caught up to
> speed, so to speak.
>
> A FAQ page could be just the ticket.  It would, likewise, be a basic
> resource/springboard (READ: inspiration for further investigations) for
> those who are not interested in lengthy disciurse or subscribing, but
> want a primer on the common misconseptions.  While Stephans
> catacombs of information are valuable, they can be intimidating for the
> neophyte. <END>
>
> niccolo

Okay, those are good ideas. So what should be on the FAQ? I think some of the
first items are:

"It's 'course', not 'remove'."
"Period spicing was not used to cover the taste of gamey food."
"Coffee and potatoes aren't as period as you think."
"Period food can actually taste good to most modern palates."

What else?

And does someone want to send in small (one or two paragraphs) discussions on
each topic?

Yers,

Gunthar