SC - Private-Ceridwen

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 19:09:59 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/17/98 2:32:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ceridwen at commnections.com writes:

<< My post was more a followup to the posts on bacteriology and resistance,
than to
 make a point aboput the MA.
 Ceridwen >>

As mine wasn't meant to so much attack what I felt was your position. I merely
meant to convey that it is my personal belief that other than technology and
changes in costuming and governmental structure, etc. I think we have much
more in common with the people of the MA's than not. It is apparent in a lot
of arguments that people tend to base their opinions on how things were in the
MA by some sense of superiority about the modern world. I may be wrong but
historical evidence SFAIUI clearly supports a stand that the last 4 or 5
generations are unusual in the scope of the history of mankind.

I also believe ( and mind you it is a "belief" that we CAN know with a large
amount of certainty exactly what it was like in the MA under specific sets of
circumstances. I think you will be one of the first to agree that each
individual has a particular slant to his/her studies of history. that slant
does not make him/her wrong or necessarily right, IMO.

Anyway, I want to assure you that I don't think that you are wrong. From a
personal perspective , however, I don't think you are necessarily correct in
this matter although I am open to persuasion. :-) In fact, your posts, along
with those of Adamtius, Bear, Alys, UIR, and several others have forced me to
go take another look at several things for which I am EXTREMELY grateful!

Keep up the good work, teacher and friend. :-) One of the most thrilling
things a person can experience is when a former student (your words. ;-))
becomes the teacher. Thanks again. I owe you.

Your friend and in your service forever,
Ras ( whom you knew as Osgaldr)