SC - Spiced meat

Sat Jul 18 05:22:35 PDT 1998

> From yet another angle, I attended a class at Pennsic last year about how
> both
> cooking methods (how to prepare, i.e. boil, bake, fry) and food
> combinations
> including spicing were selected to balance the food's qualities as
> dicatated
> by the "medical" theory of the four humours.
>
> Spice is the wit of life,  ~~Minna Gantz <KALLYR at AOL>COM>

Charlemagne's physicians tried to get him to eat boiled meat, because that
was "healthier."  He preferred roasted.  It was not stated who won the
argument, but my money goes on Charles.

The idea of cooking food according to some medical theory is fine, but when
you cook for hire, you make the patron happy.

If you know where the instructor found the information, I would appreciate
knowing.  I'm interested in seeing various ideas about how a series of
dishes should be prepared and presented.

Bear