SC - green peppercorns OOP (was Strawberries)

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 10:07:25 PDT 1998

Sounds pretty darned nouvelle to me ;  ).

I assume by the expression

> tin/packet (maybe
> > a tablespoon) of green pepper (including the
preserving liquid)

you mean green peppercorns, and not Bell peppers or
other capsicums. I
like my green peppercorns in a cream sauce, myself,
but the strawberry
goop doesn't sound half bad...

Adamantius
<<<<<<<

When I was in Germany in 87-91, we had green peppercorns in several
dishes at restaurants, but the strangest one was a dessert, an Ice
Cream sundae type.  Vanilla ice cream, fresh hot raspberry sauce, and
peppercorns.  Just as you would enjoy the rich creamy ice cream, or
the tangy raspberries, a green peppercorn would "go off" in your mouth
in a burst of spice.  Not enough to obscure the rest of the flavors.
Wonderful!!

Tyrca