SC - Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Carnival and Ducal University

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jul 22 01:24:06 PDT 1998

I realize that sea mammals are unavailable in the Modeworld in most
civilized
countries but they were a major source of cheap protein and oil
throughout a
good portion of history until this century.

Ras (spelled A'aql)<<

So, we have to substitute (spelled chocolate), right?  <BEG>

Actually, how widespread was the use of whaling products?  Is this
something our noble houses would have had available to order?  How about
households like the Menagier's, or country estates like Lady Fettiplace's
place?  Perhaps something like the whale oil would have been mainly
available to seaside towns, and businesses such as sardines in oil, etc,
for export inland as finished products.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com