SC - fetal???

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 08:27:21 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/22/98 8:05:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
renfrow at skylands.net writes:

<<
 Now, under this system of harvesting the bunnies, there must have been
 quite a few pregnant does caught.  He makes no mention of the fetuses, so
 I'm assuming they were either put in the stew pot or given to the spaniels
 & ferrets. >>

Probably did happen occasionally.  Does anyone have any idea if Medieval
peoples observed any such thing as hunting an animal in it's season?  I know
the country folks I know would not think of killing rabbits, squirrels, or
other small furry things during spring or summer.
Both my Grandfather, who lived in Alabama all his life, and both of my
fathers-in-law who lived in South Carolina called this "wolf season," and said
eating squirrels or rabbits at this time of year could kill you or make you
mad.

By the way, even though I had two fathers-in-law, I only had one husband.
It's another Southern Family thing.

Mordonna