SC - OT: Devil's Trumpet

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 18:36:39 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/25/98 6:32:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mikel at pdq.net
writes:

<< Does anyone know if planting Devil's Trumpet in or near your herb garden is
safe?  Do you think the roots would taint or transfer any toxins to the herbs?

No the toxins will not transfer to other plants that may be near
by......however.......

<<.........<snip>.........I don't want to plant it in the gardens in the front
of our house for fear that one of the neighbor's kids would get into it.  >>

Good call. These plants are highly poisonous, especially some of the blood
trumpets available from exotic seed houses.

BTW. Henri and Antia, could you please resend the private post you sent me
regarding spices. I was attemtpting to answer it and deleted everything
instead of sending.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ras (spelled A'aql)