SC - My last word on Feast-o-crats

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 27 07:02:30 PDT 1998

First Bonne, and then Bogdan wrote:

> > Makes sense.  I like it.  But, I think we are doing well if we can convert
> > people to "cook" instead of "feastocrat".  Another term entirely is gonna be
> > hard to establish.
> >
> > Bonne
>
> Salut!
> If we, the cooks list, can agree that we like Kitchen Steward, it is EASY
> to implement, as I have the ear of the Pale editor. I'll just tell Folo
> that a vast majority of cooks agreed on such and such, and we would
> appreciate it being used in the pale...  No worries eh?
>
> HTH
> Bogdan

What_ever_, as my seven-year-old would say. Personally I prefer
kitchener, but the point is to get us away from the whole "-ocrat"
thing, which, as far as I can tell in SCA usage, with the single
exception of autocrat, is not only OOP but exceedingly trivialized
(because cutesy) and overused.

Grouchamantius (aaarrgghh!)
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com