SC - the taste of organs and game

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 07:38:13 PDT 1998

I ENJOY the different tastes of organ meats, and game.  I don't want my rabbit
to taste like stringy chicken, nor my venison to taste like insipid veal.  My
favorite meats are wild turtle and wild squirrel.  We had a pecan orchard
outside my bedroom window.  In season I could get up, throw on a housecoat, go
out the back door, shoot a brace of squirrels, clean them, dredge them in
flour, fry them, and serve them with gravy and biscuits by the time my ex got
out of bed and to the table.

If we are sticking to commercially available meats, then I prefer the liver,
gizzard, heart, and tongue of most any animal.  Organ meat seems to retain its
own definite taste even in feed lot conditions.

Mordonna