SC - Spoon Teasing

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 29 17:54:56 PDT 1998

Brenna wrote:

> Korrin S DaArdain wrote:
>
> > We shoud make it a rule that if you mention a recipe, you post it.
> > Any other thoughts on this? It will cut down on the spoon teasing.
> >
> > Korrin S. DaArdain
> > Kingdom of An Tir.
> > Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com
> >

> Sounds good to me, but now necessarily in the same post as you often have to
> search for it in files.

True. If by files you mean electronic ones, that can be trouble enough at
times, but often we deal with recipes that are long, on paper, and in Middle
English, using non-standard characters. These things are invariably a bear to
type in. Sometimes I have time to type them, sometimes not. When I do, I'm more
than happy to do so. Sometimes, however, I don't, and I would much prefer this
to be  a matter of courtesy and choice than "a rule".

As for spoon teasing, I'm not quite sure what to say. Do people really think
this is an issue? _Really_? If I mention a Hungarian chocolate chestnut torte,
a whole lot of people are really gonna lose a night's sleep if I don't post the
recipe?

I think most on the list know me well enough to know I am by no means stingy
with recipes, but I'm a little concerned about this rule thing...the closest I
could get to that is putting in that FAQ something like, "If you refer to an
unfamiliar food, and are capable of posting a recipe, we'd really appreciate
it, since most of us are interested in all food-related topics."

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com