OT - Typical Lochac (was SC - Feastcrats)

Sharon Nevin nevray at netspace.net.au
Wed Jul 29 20:56:31 PDT 1998

> Typical,
>
> I am cooking a light supper for a ball this weekend.  I asked the
> autocratting crew to refer to my position (on the night) as Kitchener
> instead of Feastocrat (to try out the new term) ....
>
> The response.....  "Yes General !!!"
>
> Who is/was General Kitchener ???
>
> Meliora.

General Kitchener was in command of the British Army's last major calvary
charge, one of the principle factors in brining the Boer War to an end. He
was Secretary for War during world war one and as a result of the
recruitments drives/schemes/whateveryouliketocallit done/sanctioned by him
many hundrad of thousands of people volunteered  for the armed forces. He
was killed when H.M.S (I can't remeber ) was mined during world war one.
Isn't amazing how stuff you don't really want/need to know from history
lessons sticks in your hjead?
Me associate him with the propganda posters esp eat carrots one (though I
thought it was world war two. I'm confused) and Kitchener's Army.

Sharon
St Mons
Stormhold