OT - Typical Lochac (was SC - Feastcrats)

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 29 21:04:33 PDT 1998

HICKS, MELISSA wrote:

> I am cooking a light supper for a ball this weekend.  I asked the
> autocratting crew to refer to my position (on the night) as Kitchener
> instead of Feastocrat (to try out the new term) ....
>
> The response.....  "Yes General !!!"
>
> Who is/was General Kitchener ???

Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1850-1916, First Earl Kitchener, etc. British
Soldier and Statesman. I don't know who should be more embarrassed: you, as an
Australian, for not knowing your British Statesmen (thought he was PM at one
point), or me, for _knowing_ the most important thing about him was that he had
a big distinctive moustache ;  )

But medieval kitcheners were around first, his family is probably named for
one.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com