SC - Kitchen steward.

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jul 29 22:42:59 PDT 1998

Hey all from Anne-Marie....
we are told:
 Interestingly, de Nola has a long passage in which he
> explains why these three officers usually cannot live in peace with
> each other.  The cook blames the steward for bringing the wrong
> pieces of meat, and the carver blames the cook for overcooking the
> meat and making it difficult to carve properly.  Thus, he suggests
> that in a well-run household, each of these officers should be
> skilled in the other two jobs.

oooo! what a great piece of theater! you get three people willing to do the
schtick, and stage a fight, with lots of cursing in spanish and
interestingly expressive hand gestures. Couple this with a wonderful
documented Andalusian banquet (mmmmm....pomegranite chicken!), and what a
hoot!

- --AM, who is all for theater and schtick as long as it is PERIOD theater
and schtick, appropriate to the venue.. Remind me to tell you about our
Elizabethan banquet some time...