SC - How about "Cook"?

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain msca at c2i2.com
Thu Jul 30 09:57:00 PDT 1998

	Greetings all!
	This could be a neat wrench to throw into the mix, but why are we staying
mainly in the Spanish-Moorish-Arab and English and French and maybe
Hungarian when we could devise a strong term by using "Meister?"  It
shouldn't be confused with Master/Mistress and could by tagged with an
appropriate "Kuchener" like phrase. . . .
	Balldrich ducking behind his big Germanic shield . . .
	 	muttering I just had to do that. . . .(GRINS)

- ----------
> From: Decker, Terry D. <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
> To: 'sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG'
> Subject: RE: SC - How about "Cook"?
> Date: July 30, 1998 6:31 AM
>

> > From: 	geneviamoas at juno.com[SMTP:geneviamoas at juno.com]
> >
> > On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:10:45 EDT Varju at aol.com writes:
> > >In a message dated 98-07-29 14:39:07 EDT, you write:
> > >
> > ><< Be careful, Noemi may pay you back by declaring herself to be a
> > >foszakacs
> > >or
> > > a konyhafonok (they're even more impressive with the accents) >>
> > >{{{{OED doesn't speak to these but they sound like fun - What do they
> > mean??}}}}G/G
> > >

> They are Hungarian and apparently translate literally to head cook.
Since I