SC - The Dreaded Subject (was Re: Kitchen Steward)

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:49:23 PDT 1998

kat wrote:

> The trouble I have encountered in my last two endeavors has been that, in my carefully worded announcements that I emailed/faxed into the Kingdom newsletter, complete with the little footnote explaining the new and 'proper' usage, my carefully worded announcement was printed with the word "Kitchener" cut out and the word "Feastocrat" stuck right back in.
>
> Like everything else, this will take time...
>
>         - k

I'm really surprised to keep hearing this. Being a typesetter's daughter, I'm
often irked to see the same typo in both our baronial Windlore and kingdom
Acorn, then the typo repeated in subsequent newsletters as the event draws
near and seeing it when the text of the flyer is posted on the Merry Rose or
The Keep or webbed.  Maybe it's a good thing these other editors go to so much
trouble, but around here it seems the editors presume you know what you meant
to say and they don't try to second-guess you.  Even when the error is a real
and obvious one instead of this sort of non-error.

Bonne