SC - MacDonalds

Yumitori no Kiyoshi yumitori at montana.com
Fri Jul 31 12:17:52 PDT 1998

Hai-fu-ku!

> One good note on this is that I believe that MacDonalds, the conglomerate,
> actually lost the case.
>
> Or at least one can hope.
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar

	60 Minutes reported on this a few weeks back, but I was only half
listening, so I do not recall if the Scottish shop using 'Mac Munchies'
or some such actually had to change their name or no. The two folks the
MacDonald's corporation was suing over information in flyers they were
distributing were vindicated on at least some of the points. In any
case, the long lawsuit created more negative publicity than the limited
number of pamphlets ever could.

	The reporter also visited The MacDonald (yes, the clan chief), who, if
anyone, should have claim to the name. He was not too concerned about a
lawsuit against himself...

	Yumitori