SC - A sore subject.

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 14:01:50 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/1/98 11:25:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< Interpretation:  If we give people the recipes when they ask, they won't
 need to buy the books, thus reducing the authors' royalties

Alternatively, the presentation of a recipe from a published work with the
source information would encourage others to buy the complete work. This is
exactly why I bought "Take A Thousand Eggs" and Cariadoc's collection, v.1 and
v.2. I also bopught "The Medieval Kitchen from the recipe I found on a web
site taken from the book. In fact, I would venture to say that almost my
entire collection of "had to have" cookbooks were purchased specifically
because I had seen recipes from the work posted in one way or another.

A'aql (pronounced "Ras")