SC - Greetings!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 4 22:27:23 PDT 1998

Celadon asked:

>I'd like are suggestions on some of your favourite recipes and combinations
>of recipes.

Check the FOOD section of my Stefan’s Florilegium files for a number of
good recipes. Many of which came from this list.

Also the FEAST section has a number of feast menus, some with more recipes.
These should give you and idea on how some other cooks put together their
feasts:

EK-Crwn-Fst-art   (45K)  5/20/98    Details on the EK spring Crown AS 33.
feast-menus-msg   (22K)  4/ 8/98    Feast menus from various SCA feasts.
Good-Fd-Feast-art (26K)  3/30/98    Description of a fancy feast done in Lochac.
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.
KF-feast-msg      (10K)  4/ 8/98    The King’s Forest feast.
rec-AFCF-art      (25K)  9/17/97    Recipes from Aethemearc’s First Crown Feast.
Wills-Revenge-art (18K)  8/13/97    Feast menu and recipes from an SCA event.

Also, check out these files in the FOOD section:
Compleat-Cook-art (28K)  9/ 4/97    "The Compleat Cook" by Dame Alys Katharine.
Docu-Cookery-art  (18K)  8/ 4/97    "Documenting Cookery" by Dame Alys Katharine
p-menus-msg       (14K)  7/ 8/97    Examples of medieval feast menus.

>They in fact, insisted that we did. So, we were thinking of meat pies.
>Anyone have a favourite? I was thinking just the little pouch type meat
>pies, not as in selling slices of a meat pie. That would be a little
>difficult to walk around a medieval fair with.

I believe that most pies given as large pies can probably be transformed into
small hand-pies.

There are some recipes for meat pies in this file in the FOOD section:
meat-pies-msg     (21K)  1/20/98    Period meat pies. Recipes.

My files can be found on the web at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net