SC - OT: Fw: Velvet...a passion!

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jul 6 09:18:09 PDT 1998

> The vast number of general, kingdom, regional and specialized lists in the SCA
> really ought to allow the specialized lists to stay on topic.  If a someone
> wishes cooking advice, this is the place.  Similarly, should one of the cooks
> need cloth information, we can ask the populace on a general list or sign up
> for a sewing list.
>
> Bonne

I appreciate Ly. Bonne's feelings and can understand them. But this list is not
just confined to strictly cooking matters. As the List Admin on another list
once said, "This is a discussion amoungst gentles in my living room. We share
a similar interest and the gentles should keep that in mind. But gentle discourse
shall prevail as it would in someone's living room." That includes off-topic
material. I will allow material that is off-topic as long as it still relates to
the SCA or reenactment groups and does not continue for too long.

Logic still reigns supreme.

If something goes too far astray I will certainly step in to bring it back on
track.

Thank you.

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator