SC - More Sourdough Woes

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Wed Jul 8 08:39:46 PDT 1998

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 THLRenata at aol.com wrote:

> On the question of ON rising -- will it stop rising at a certain point if left
> unattended? I usually let my bread rise in the oven with only the pilot light
> going -- will this work for ON, or should I leave the bread rising on the
> counter?

Leave it on the counter. Oven rising is to improve the speed, which is
not an issue here. You want it to rise, fall and then sit there and go
sour.

> I'm a little paranoid about leaving things unattened -- comes from having a
> chemist for a father and also from having candy take over the stovetop -- more
> than once.

I understand. I'd never leave anything like that on unattended.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                           parlei(at)algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
"Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends
are."