SC - alcohol content in beer

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Jul 8 14:37:58 PDT 1998

Murkial,

You said...

>I was thinking the same thing.  As I cut all the caffeine, alcohol, and
>other things everyone says is bad for a pregnant woman,  from my diet, I
>found myself wondering how people had healthey babies before all these silly
>food restrictions came about.
>
>Actually, I have cut everything pretty much from my diet, I am lucky to keep
>down soda crackers and tea.  Can't even take vitamins at this point.  And I
>still have another 7 months, eeep!

I've never given birth and really have no plans to do so, but I've heard it
gets better after a while. BTW, are these diet restrictions your choice or
medically imposed? My sister and almost everyone I know didn't restrict
themselves, just watched what they ate and drank. A small dram of alcohol
occasionally doesn't hurt. Nothing is bad for pregnant women in moderation,
except maybe an irritable partner. But then, that may not be bad for the
mother but could get your partner hurt. :)

Micaylah