SC - No More Sourdough Woes

Fri Jul 10 07:25:17 PDT 1998

> Great is the wisdom of Bear and UlfR!

Careful there, you will inflate my already bulky ego.

> I followed their advice and this morning created my first real loaf of
> sourdough. The starter -- which I guess I'm going to have to name soon;)
> --
> lives on my kitchen counter and is getting more attention than my cats.
> Renata

I'm glad I could be of some assistance.  I hope the trick with the extended
rise worked for you.  I've found it very useful for serving fresh bread with
breakfast or supper.

If you need to slow down the attention cycle, you can tuck the starter in
the refrigerator and feed it once every two to three days.  You might
consider it if the cats get jealous.

Bear