SC - Re: fwd to bear

Sun Jul 12 06:50:08 PDT 1998

This is a very good book on French baking.  I've been using it for almost 20
years.  The recipes produce some very tasty breads.  In fact, my Pain de
Campagne recipe originates here.

Two things to be aware of in regard the recipes.  They have been modified
for the American home kitchen to use a little more yeast than I would expect
a professional baker to use and they use dry active yeast where I would
expect a French baker to use a compressed yeast or dough from his levain.

I'm still learning recipes from it, because I use recipes I haven't tried
when I get the urge to bake something new or test my skills.

Bear